It’s almost December which means it’s almost time to start one of my favourite projects of the year, December Daily. Like last year, I am racing to finish last year’s album right now. But this year I’m doing a few things different.
- Black and white. The holiday season is so hustle and bustle that I wanted to use the instant calm and slow down that comes with black and white to tell stories this year. This is going to be a challenge for me because if you know me I am all about colour. But I’ve been practicing my black and white photo editing and filled a bin with all the black and white (and GOLD!) things to use while putting together my album.
- I’m also going to do December in my regular weekly Project Life album. This lets me get all the day to day stuff in there so I can focus more on stories in my December Daily album. In the past it has been my only documenting for December so I tend to throw everything in there. I want to focus more on the big (and little) significant stories this December so this will help. Also, less filler means less pages to rush to finish.
- I built myself a kit to work from. I filled it with all black and white things. With gold of course. I was super inspired by Ali’s Black and White Card set and Black chipboard numbers so I started there. I always get so inspired by something she comes up with for December Daily. Last year it was the Studio DIY kit. I was a little sad there wasn’t something fun like that this year but then I got swept away with B&W. Some other big things I’m excited about for my album are the 3×8 journal cards from In a Creative Bubble (I am going to black and white them) as well as the Classic Holiday Journal Cards. I’ve been saving these white script alpha stickers from Freckled Fawn as well as basically all the black and white alphas I have! And I’ve got some festive stamps from Kellie Stamps! I’m so excited about this alpha.
- I am going to finish 2016 this week!!! I have the November Cooca Daisy 12×12 and Pocket kits all ready to power through that sucker. YEAH!
- Organization. I have started using the Cocoa Daisy Dori in a personal size as a memory keeping planner. I keep track of all the things we’re doing so I have some idea of what I’ll be documenting as well as jot down little quotes and cute things. Further in I make sketches when I have ideas of what I want pages to look like. This will be a good reference if I put the album aside. Haha.
Here’s some pics from my 2016 album I’m rushing to finish!